On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 09:12:16PM +0200, Martin Pieuchot wrote:
> On 26/06/20(Fri) 16:56, Vitaliy Makkoveev wrote:
> > if_clone_create() has the races caused by context switch.
>
> Can you share a backtrace of such race?  Where does the kernel panic?

This diff was inspired by thread [1]. As I explained [2] here is 3
issues that cause panics produced by command below:

---- cut begin ----
for i in 1 2 3; do while true; do ifconfig bridge0 create& \
        ifconfig bridge0 destroy& done& done
---- cut end ----

My system was stable with the last diff I did for thread [1]. But since
this final diff [3] which include fixes for tun(4) is quick and dirty
and not for commit I decided to make the diff to fix the races caused by
if_clone_create() at first.

I included screenshot with panic.
Also the code to reproduce below:

---- cut begin ----
#!/bin/sh
while true; do ifconfig bridge0 create& done&
while true; do ifconfig bridge0 destroy done
---- cut end ----

1. https://marc.info/?t=159289590100001&r=1&w=2
2. https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-tech&m=159307900124245&w=2
3. https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-tech&m=159308633126243&w=2