On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 06:14:48PM +0200, Landry Breuil wrote: > On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 02:45:53PM +0200, Stefan Sperling wrote: > > This patch adds support for 11n Tx aggregation to iwm(4). > > > > Please help with testing if you can by running the patch and using wifi > > as usual. Nothing should change, except that Tx speed may potentially > > improve. If you have time to run before/after performance measurements with > > tcpbench or such, that would be nice. But it's not required for testing. > > > > If Tx aggregation is active then netstat will show a non-zero output block > > ack > > agreement counter: > > > > $ netstat -W iwm0 | grep 'output block' > > 3 new output block ack agreements > > 0 output block ack agreements timed out > > > > It would be great to get at least one test for all the chipsets the driver > > supports: 7260, 7265, 3160, 3165, 3168, 8260, 8265, 9260, 9560 > > The behaviour of the access point also matters a great deal. It won't > > hurt to test the same chipset against several different access points. > > > > I have tested this version on 8265 only so far. I've run older revisions > > of this patch on 7265 so I'm confident that this chip will work, too. > > So far, the APs I have tested against are athn(4) in 11a mode and in 11n > > mode with the 'nomimo' nwflag, and a Sagemcom 11ac AP. All on 5Ghz channels. > > no difference on X1c3 w/ > iwm0 at pci2 dev 0 function 0 "Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7265" rev 0x59, msi > iwm0: hw rev 0x210, fw ver 17.3216344376.0, > > using a crappy old fonera as AP, serving as a bridge to gw w/ tcpbench. > > bandwidth min/avg/max/std-dev = 22.519/22.704/22.995/0.162 Mbps > > same bw both ways it seems.
so no change against this old AP, which selects: media: IEEE802.11 autoselect (OFDM48 mode 11g) or sometimes media: IEEE802.11 autoselect (OFDM12 mode 11g) or media: IEEE802.11 autoselect (OFDM6 mode 11g) but if i connect to the ISP's box wifi, which selects: media: IEEE802.11 autoselect (HT-MCS8 mode 11n) the performance is horrible, i have a lot of lag, and tcpbench says: bandwidth min/avg/max/std-dev = 0.000/1.576/10.069/2.781 Mbps i have some iwm firmware errors in dmesg. without the patch, its a bit the same: bandwidth min/avg/max/std-dev = 0.000/1.836/9.846/2.292 Mbps but no firmware errors afaict. so dunno if the patch itself changes something, but the perf with the ISP AP is awful. Cant remember if it was the case before as i seldomly use it with OpenBSD as a client.. Landry