On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 07:49:55AM -0700, jo...@armadilloaerospace.com wrote:
> I should have been more rigorous -- I had two different changes running
> on my system, as well as forcing it to use the 12x24 font for a 160x45
> console.
>
> If you apply the "Optimized rasops32 putchar" patch I just posted, you
> should see another significant speedup.

Leaving aside rasops32_putchar() optimizations for now, I tried this
on radeondrm and simplefb (on armv7) with a 1920x1080 monitor and on
top of what John and Paul are reporting, I'm also seeing improvements
when cat'ing the text file [1] I usually use for rasops performance
testing. It's up to 30% faster on both devices, which is significant.

The diff makes sense to me, and I think this should go in.

Anyone willing to OK this diff or to commit with my OK?

[1] https://norvig.com/big.txt