On Thu, Oct 08, 2020 at 04:23:53PM -0700, Jordan Geoghegan wrote:
> This improved error message would have been useful a few months ago where I
> had a number of end-users of one of my scripts get confused due to the
> cryptic error messages spit out by doas.
The diff does not change behaviour or output for end-users on the
command line;  instead it changes syslog messages which by default are
only readable by root.

As admin going through logs of multiple hosts (in a centralised place)
the proposed change clarifies that whatever was TRIED to be executed
never actually DID execute.