On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 01:30:01PM +0100, Alexander Bluhm wrote:
> sysctl net.inet.ip.forwarding is checked before ip_input() passes
> the packet to ip_forward().  But with an af-to rule, pf(4) calls
> ip_forward() directly.  I think we should check the sysctl also in
> pf to get consistent behaviour.
Existing routers doing NAT64 for IPv6-only networks will require
`net.inet.ip.forwarding=1' for NAT64 to work.

There has not been a need for it on such routers, i.e. my home box only
has `net.inet6.ip6.forwarding=1' in /etc/sysctl.conf so far.

I'd say we should make that clear with a current.html entry.

Either way, I think that diff makes sense.
OK kn