[cc's trimmed]

On 2021/01/23 15:53, Alejandro Colomar wrote:
> This is useful for using tee to just write to a file,
> at the end of a pipeline,
> without having to redirect to /dev/null
>
> Example:
>
> echo 'foo' | sudo tee -q /etc/foo;
>
> is equivalent to the old (and ugly)
>
> echo 'foo' | sudo tee /etc/foo >/dev/null;

If this added a new very useful feature then *maybe* it would be
worthwhile. But as things stand, as an alternative way to do something
which can already be done trivially, why would you want to encourage
unportable scripts by adding it?

It's much less ugly to use >/dev/null than to create a script which
will fail (possibly in bad ways) on slightly older OS releases.

I seriously doubt this will be added to OpenBSD.