Thanks Stuart!

Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> writes:

> On 2021/03/09 07:41, Greg Steuck wrote:
>> ... which goes on for hours until I wake my desktop machine (lenny). I
>> know this doesn't sound related, but I observed this multiple times and
>> see no better correlation. The two machines are connected to the two
>> jacks on the cable modem and see each other on the same ethernet
>> network. alix serves as the DHCP server.
>
> Is the desktop machine pointing at the alix as resolver? If so, is it
> normally using UDP or TCP?

Yes, the desktop normally uses alix to resolve DNS names over UDP (no
tricks).

>> This first started with unbound 1.11 running on 6.8-stable. I noticed
>> there's persistent TLS connection support in unbound 1.13 and so I
>> upgraded to a snaphost yesterday. The problem remained, suggesting
>> something else is to blame.
>
> Could you give it a spin with the update I just posted please?

Running this now. As previously noted, I suspect it's the loss of
connection, so I'll monitor for that (start with a ping every minute).

> I didn't spot anything that looks directly related but there are enough
> changes that it's probably worth trying that first.
>
>> I'm looking for clues about debugging unbound. I am attaching my
>> minimally sanitized unbound.conf
>
> My main suggestion would just be to bump up the logging and see if that
> gives any clues.. Nothing really looks unusual in your config (maybe
> it's worth reducing the number of forwarders though to see if that
> makes any difference?)

Superficially it looks like the entries are round-robin'd. Also, ip6
isn't enabled, so these entries are just noise.

Thanks
Greg