Hello,

thanks for good news.

On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 10:32:08PM +0200, Alexander Bluhm wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 09:59:53PM +0200, Alexandr Nedvedicky wrote:
> >     was pf(4) enabled while running those tests?
>
> Yes.
>
> >     if pf(4) was enabled while those tests were running,
> >     what rules were loaded to to pf(4)?
>
> Default pf.conf:

</snip>

> Linux iperf3 is sending 10 TCP streams in parallel over OpenBSD
> forward machine.  I see 22 iperf3 states on pf(4).
>
> > if I remember
> > correctly I could see performance boost by factor ~1.5 when running those
> > tests
> > with similar diff applied to machines provided by hrvoje@.
>
> Multiqueue support for ix(4) has improved.  Maybe that is why I see
> factor 2 .  Machine has 4 cores.  The limit seems to be the 10Gig
> interface, although we do not use it optimally.

    in my testing I hit state table size limit (1 million states). the test
    tool (t-rex traffic generator from cisco [1]) was hammering firewall with
    various connections (pop/imap/http...) emulating real network clients and
    servers. the throughput/latency got worse as soon as state table filled up.

    I'll eventually repeat those tests to get fresh numbers.

thanks and
regards
sashan

[1] https://trex-tgn.cisco.com/