Marc Espie:

> I would also actually be fairly happy if we changed drastically the way
> sh(1) and ksh(1) look. To me, sh(1) should be the (more or less) standard
> shell documentation, AND ksh(1) should contain the differences/extensions.

I think that is a terrible idea.  Historically the tcsh(1) man page
was like this: only document the extensions to csh, point to csh(1)
for the rest.

This only makes sense for people who already fully know the base
man page.  If you don't, you now have to go back and forth between
two man pages to figure out things.

Eventually, the tcsh man page was overhauled and now describes the
whole shell, which was a huge improvement in my book.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          na...@mips.inka.de