On 2021/05/07 17:14, Helg wrote:
> Hi tech@
>
> Now that 6.9 has been released I'd like to commit my changes to replace
> libfuse from base with the reference implementation from ports.
>
> Can I please have an OK? I'll commit the ports changes at the same time
> (separate email already sent to ports@). If you would like more info
> please let me know. I've submitted this before and there are already a
> few of you that are aware and have been a great help to me.
>
> The main changes are to fuse_device.c and fusebuf.h where the protocol
> is implemented. The other big change of course is to delete all of libfuse.

I am OK with those though I have only tested things and not read over
the src diff particularly thoroughly.

It involves a base library moving to ports and machines with new kernels
using FUSE-based software will need updated packages to work. I think this
is not a problem to commit now as A) port build machines for the more
common arch have moved past release and B) only a handful of ports link
to this at all and even fewer of those *really* use it (there are a
number of ports which are used for another purpose which also have FUSE
support but that's not their main focus).