On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 07:55:39AM -0700, Chris Cappuccio wrote:
> I tried to compile librdkafka on OpenBSD 6.5 (clang 7.0.1) and clang compiled
> the __thread parts with some built-in mechanism. I upgraded the system to
> OpenBSD 6.9 and TLS is no longer supported by the in-tree clang. Was this
> intended to be turned off? Did the 6.5 version even work? Is Thread Local
> Storage support in clang desired in general or no? Marc Espie's clang
> presentation from July 2017 mentions that we do and that Mark Kettenis
> helped make it happen. I'm having a hard time finding much other discussion
> either way.

looks like some configure issue most probably.

We never had full support for tls, but instead emulated tls on some platforms.

This does cause some trouble with some shared libraries, apparently (though
the problem is a bit larger in general) but if emulated tls was broken, most
of the ports tree would fall apart these days.