On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 02:04:32PM +0200, Stefan Sperling wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 10, 2021 at 06:49:49PM +0200, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> > Here is another attempt at adding Tx aggregation to iwx(4).
> > This patch is based on the latest state in CVS (if_iwx.c r1.107, which
> > I have committed a minute ago). Sync your tree before applying this patch.
> >
> > Compared to previous iterations of this patch, I have fixed bugs which
> > caused fatal firmware errors and which made traffic stall after roaming.
> >
> > This patch could still make 7.0 release if it gets sufficient test coverage.
> > Please run with this and report any regressions. Thanks!
> >
> > So far, tested by me on AX200 and AX201 against a Pepwave 11ac AP.
> > I have so far not seen any fatal firmware errors, and roaming between 2GHz
> > and 5GHz channels offered by the same AP seems to work reliably.
> > Throughput goes up to 100 Mbit/s max.
>
> The previous version had a problem where it did not take frames
> off the Tx ring when they were done. It is possible that this
> could lead to memory corruption (seen by mlarkin).
>
> Please run this updated patch instead.
>
> And please enable 'ifconfig iwx0 debug' while testing this patch.
> Problem reports will be a lot more useful with debug enabled :)

Tested on the following device with speedtest-cli looks like I'm seeing
improvement.

iwx0 at pci3 dev 0 function 0 "Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200" rev 0x1a, msix
iwx0: hw rev 0x340, fw ver 63.c04f3485.0, address 50:e0:85:xx:xx:xx

My AX200 is now getting ~48 Mbps down / ~19 Mbps up where before I was
getting ~28 Mbps down / ~13 Mbps up.

I got a message "iwx0: device timeout", but didn't see fatal firmware errors.