On Fri, Nov 26, 2021 at 01:35:14PM +0100, Krzysztof Kanas wrote:
> Hi. When remote side in sppp doesn't reply for to PPP IPCP IP-Address
> sppp will try to negotiate remote IP in endless loop. Instead use
> 10.64.64.1 + if_index as remote IP.

Okay, but why it doesn't reply? I don't use anymore PPPoE, as none
of the machines connected to the internet use that mechanism, but
from my very old backups I see I used in the past:

# /etc/hostname.pppoe0
inet 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 NONE pppoedev vr0 authproto chap \
        authname 'some-customer-id-here' authkey 'secret-key' \
        description "pppoe uplink" up
dest 0.0.0.1
!route -nq add default -ifp \$if 0.0.0.1

I don't remember any issues with above setup and that OpenBSD
machine was running -current and was rebooted many times during
its 6+ years of service. Also machine faced many power outages
and on a fresh bootup I don't remember it not able to connect,
that I needed to run a custom kernel or do some extensive
troubleshooting.

Looking again at pppoe(4) manual page I copied above config
directly from there.

What problem are you trying to solve here is not clear to me.

--
Regards,
 Mikolaj