On 12/8/21 14:08, Mikhail wrote:
On Wed, Dec 08, 2021 at 10:39:15AM +0100, Gerhard Roth wrote:
urndis_watchdog() calls urndis_ctrl_keepalive() which sends an RNDIS
keepalive msg and then waits for the reply with USBD_DEFAULT_TIMEOUT.
That means if the device stopped responding, the if_watchdog_thread
will be blocked for 5 seconds. Not sure if that's a good idea.

Hello, I think this behavior is like it is supposed to work.

What are drawbacks of having this keepalive thread being blocked while
waiting the answer for keepalive? - in case of timeout we will have
error message in the logs and user will be able to handle the problem
manually.

Well, there's only one watchdog thread for all of the
network interfaces. If it is blocked, not other watchdogs
can run.