On Thu, Dec 09, 2021 at 02:04:06PM +0100, Solene Rapenne wrote:

> where does sndioctl server.device= come from?
>
> on my system I don't have the server.device property

There's one server.device knob for each "-s" to controls on which
device are player (or recorded from).

> > sndioctl server.device
> server.device: no such control
>
> I use this line in rc.conf.local
> sndiod_flags=-f rsnd/0 -m play,rec,mon -s rec -s mon -F rsnd/1

Do you have an AUDIODEVICE environment variable set? If so, could you
verify that it's set to "snd/rec", "snd/mon" or "snd/default"?

These are supposed to work:

        sndioctl -f snd/mon server.device
        sndioctl -f snd/rec server.device
        sndioctl -f snd/default server.device

While these are not:

        sndioctl -f snd/0 server.device
        sndioctl -f snd/1 server.device

because the 0 or 1 _is_ the device, so there's no device to choose.

(this applies to -current, above were added after release)