On Mon, Feb 07, 2022 at 11:21:43AM +0100, Alexandre Ratchov wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 06, 2022 at 08:40:35AM +0100, Anton Lindqvist wrote:
> >
> > Polished diff. I'm omitting a necessary refactoring commit making
> > audio_attach_mi() accept a new cookie argument.
> >

> I'm not sure to understand the need for the wskbd_audio structure.
> Couldn't we just store the cookie in audio and wskbd softc structures,
> then pass it in the wskbd_set_mixervolume_sc() calls ?

Due to the device caching the data must be stored in either the audio or
wskbd softc and I don't want to expose the softc structures so I ended
up introducing wskbd_audio. Dropping the caching would probably make it
possible to only pass down the cookie to wskbd_set_mixervolume_sc() and
always do the audio device lookup.

Is anyone in favor of this approach? I achieves the expected behavior in
my opinion.