On Fri, 20 May 2022 at 16:46:01 +0200, Ulf Brosziewski wrote:
> Shouldn't the check of the button page remain in place, for identifying
> plain old touchpads with external buttons?

The device in question reports it has multiple buttons when it's
just a clickpad, so keeping that check would defeat the purpose of
this change.  I suppose this diff is not worth it.

I guess a hardware-specific quirk can be added for the Framework, or
just a wsconsctl knob to turn on the soft button stuff for devices
that are detected as touchpads instead of clickpads.