On 27.6.2022. 23:44, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> The Ryzen Embedded V1000 processors have an arm64-style Synposys
> DesignWare UART instead if a PC-compatible NS16x50 UART.  To make this
> UART work as a serial console, we need to pass some more information
> from the bootloader to the kernel.  This diff adds the logic to handle
> that information to the kernel.  I'd like some folks that use a serial
> console on their amd64 machines to test this.  But testing this diff
> on amd64 machines with a glass console doesn't hurt.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Hi,

I've sysupgrade few boxes few minutes ago and booting output is quite
slow. Everything is working but console output needs cca 2 or 3 minutes
to finish depends how big is dmesg.

I have few console over ipmi and few connected to serial and all of them
are slow.

When boot output finish working over console backs to normal fast output.