On Sat, Jul 02, 2022 at 08:38:53AM +0100, Leah Rowe wrote:

> Hi Otto,
>
> > Your fixes are not ok. See comment inline.
>
> The other person (Theo) who responded, raised the same concerns as you.
> Sorry for wasting your time. I've reverted the patches myself, locally,
> knowing now that I made a few false assumptions.
>
> I actually overlooked that the buf variable was static. I'm now of the
> opinion that OpenBSD's cat implementation is already perfect, and not
> in need of new changes.

It never hurts going back to code and reread it. To improve you code
reviewing skills, I suggest you keep doing it, but be critical of your
findings. You'll get better with more experience. Often code reading
skills are not valued high enough as opposed to code writing skills,
while the former is often more important than the latter, as anybody
doing maintenance of a large body of code will tell you.

        -Otto