On Sat, Sep 03, 2022 at 01:27:03PM +0200, Theo Buehler wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 03, 2022 at 01:18:13PM +0200, Claudio Jeker wrote:
> > This diff adds the parentid to struct cert. The parentid is the id of the
> > repository the cert lives in. This information will be used to track the
> > parent repository in the repositories list/tree.
> >
> > The naming is confusing and I'm happy for better suggestions.
>
> I wouldn't mind being more explicit and call it parentrepoid.

Might be better to call it 'repoid'.

A "repository" can contain one or more "publication points". A single
"publication point" is the list of files on a manifest + the manifest
itself. Looking at the filesystem, a directory may contain multiple
"publication points" (which are like ships in the night).

table of phrase + example value:
        "repository": rsync://chloe.sobornost.net/rpki
        "repository": https://chloe.sobornost.net/rpki/news.xml
        "publication point":
rsync://chloe.sobornost.net/rpki/RIPE-nljobsnijders/

Confusingly, RFCs mention the phrase "publication point" which I think
meant to map that phrase to the X.509 SIA attribute "CA Repository".

Kind regards,

Job