I was testing the full setup for a lightweight desktop I posted on
https://daemonforums.org/showpost.php?p=67677&postcount=1

My downloaded miniroot:
-rw-r--r--    1 jsh   jsh  5832704 Oct 20 08:51 miniroot72.img

The system had previously been running snapshot, but I had selected
Install(I) and whole disk GPT(G).  The whole disk should have been
newly formatted.  /etc/installurl came up as my nearest mirror:
mirrors.sonic.net which I had previously used for the snapshot install.

If it's working - sorry for the noise.