On Mon, Nov 07, 2022 at 09:23:26PM +0100, Jeremie Courreges-Anglas wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 06 2022, Scott Cheloha <scottchel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > This patch switches riscv64 to clockintr(9).
> >
> > jca@ has been testing it (on a SiFive board?).  It has survived two
> > parallel release builds and upgrades from the resulting bsd.rd.
>
> I still get the same results on my HiFive Unmatched (produced by
> SiFive indeed).  The diff LGTM.
>
> Looks like clock and stat evcounts get merged with this diff.  Not a big
> problem but probably not intended?

Whoops, good eye, forgot to mention that.

This change is intended.  With this patch, we can't keep a distinct
count of hardclock() and statclock() calls anymore because
clockintr_dispatch(9) handles the dispatch on behalf of the riscv64
code.  So the "stat" evcount goes away.

The "clock" evcount now represents a count of clock interrupts.
That's it.  One per riscv64 clock_intr() call.

> > It could use testing on another machine.  Are there other practical
> > machines aside from SiFive?
>
> There aren't that many vendors/machines that we do support:
>
>   https://www.openbsd.org/riscv64.html

Okay, noted.