> On Wed, Nov 09, 2022 at 02:36:57PM +0000, ssnf wrote:
> > My softraid keydisk did not get initialized during the install process.
> > This fixes it.
>
> On 22/11/09 07:28PM, Klemens Nanni wrote:
> You need to be more specific, installing to a softraid volume has always
> required manual steps, so I have no idea what you did (not) do and when.

The comment above my diff states that "In case this is a softraid
device, make sure all underlying device nodes exist before installing
boot-blocks on disk."

Without the double quotes, make_dev would not initialize my second disk
on my softraid volume, only the first disk. And once it reached the
installboot function, it would say that "/dev/rwd1c" did not exist.

The reason is that, without the double quotes, we get a multi-line
result from the $(bioctl|sed) command and only the first line is
actually passed to the make_dev function.

When we place it inside the double quotes, the multi-line result
becomes a single line, and thus make_dev works as expected.

ROOTDISK in my case was sd0, the first disk was wd0 and the second one
was wd1.

sd0 is an encrypted softraid device where wd0a is the RAID partition
and wd1 is the keydisk.

P.S.: It was not necessarily the keydisk that was uninitialized, but
rather the second disk that resulted from the bioctl command on the
softraid volume.