"Theo de Raadt" <dera...@openbsd.org> writes:

... removed the comprehensive summary of the effort.

> The major application problems have been reasonably isolated, and after
> 3 weeks they are mostly handled, or we know where the remaining problems
> lie:
>
>     - libcrypto assembly functions with incorrect data placement
>     - some ffi variations with the same problem
>     - managing v8's embedded code blob
>     - a few languages with very strange machine-dependent optimizations
>
> That is mostly managed in ports now, mostly by fixing the code, or if it
> is too difficult or intentionally obscure the specific programs can be
> linked --no-exec-only.  Maybe someone from the ports team can reply to
> this mail to say where things are at.

GHC (Glasgow Haskell Compiler) is one of the languages with unusual
machine code generation strategies. For now lang/ghc uses
--no-exec-only.  I'm exploring other options with upstream at
https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/issues/22782

Thanks
Greg