Le Fri, Apr 21, 2023 at 09:27:35AM +0100, Stuart Henderson a écrit :
> On 2023/04/20 00:55, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> > > Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 19:11:40 +0300
> > > From: Sergii Dmytruk <sergii.dmyt...@3mdeb.com>
> > >
> > > Hi there,
> > >
> > > Pinging to say that this thread is silent for 3 months.  EFI runtime and
> > > bootloader changes are there, /dev/efi is the last piece left to be
> > > committed for fwupd port to work.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > Sergii
> >
> > Hi Sergii,
> >
> > The /dev/efi support is in place as well, and as far as I can tell
> > your test programs worked.  I didn't find the time yet to test fwupd.
> > IIRC I ran into some issue building the ports you created because some
> > ports infrastructure changes that happend in the meantime.
>
> I found the git repo with fwupd/libgusb/libjcat/libxmlb and have tweaked
> them a bit according to normal ports standards and set it up to install
> the /etc files for fwupd. tar attached.

had a very quick look, we already have devel/libgusb but not the same
version. I suppose from all those things, the libexec/fwupd binary
daemon will be spawned as root by systemwide dbus/messagebus to access
/dev/efi ?  like other needing-root daemons like upowerd & al, with
access managed by polkit..

but maybe that should move to ports@ :)