On 5/11/23 03:58, Todd C. Miller wrote:
On Wed, 10 May 2023 20:55:24 +0200, Jan Klemkow wrote:

For tcprecvoffload and ix(4) it's not possible to enable/disable it per
address family.  Its just one flag for the hardware.

For tcpsendoffload its possible, but I won't do that till its necessary.

Why would you want to differentiate the address families here?

I was mostly just curious as I see FreeBSD seems to support this.
That made we wonder if there is hardware that only supports offloading
for IPv4.

I know that em driver only supports TSO4 on FreeBSD.
It's not enabled by default but users can enable it.

See the following code for detail.

https://cgit.freebsd.org/src/tree/sys/dev/e1000/if_em.c#n900

--
Yuichiro NAITO (naito.yuich...@gmail.com)