S V <ner...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > You don't explain why you are trying to enable floating point register
> > use in the kernel.
>
> I just have CPU with it (Cortex-a57 with NEON), so was toying with it
> trying to look if I get more performance.
> Got this error and decided to post, thinking - maybe I got some "not
> yet discovered" problem.
>
> I'm not good with kernel development (sent only simple patches) so was
> curious about it.

What you are trying to do won't work at all.  If the kernel uses floating
point registers, it must save/restore them at multiple types of context
switching points, which is why kernels normally do not do this, except
in very controlled fashion.  One doesn't set a compile option, and get
this.  You are in way over your head