On Tue, Aug 01, 2023 at 11:11:43PM +0200, Robert Palm wrote:
> I own a VF 2 version 1.2a and can successfully install / boot the machine.
>
> The inner network port (dwqe1) works at 100 full duplex and receives ipv4
> via DHCP.
>
> The outer port currently doesn't seem to get an ip, but gets active and in
> full-duplex 100.
>
> It seems a lot depends on proper .dtb files (which kind users shared with me).
>
> How did you create the .dtb files ?

I don't know about the rest of the questions, but you can update a .dtb
with a program from the ports in devel/dtc.

-
pjp@polarstern$ more pkg/DESCR
The Device Tree Compiler (DTC) compiles device-tree descriptions for
booting PowerPC kernels on embedded systems without OpenFirmware.

Optional dependency: install the bash package if you wish to use dtdiff.
-

There is something similar in Linux.  Basically you would convert the .dtb
to a .dts, edit it and convert the .dts back to .dtb.

I hope that answers one question.

Best Regards,
-peter

--
Over thirty years experience on Unix-like Operating Systems starting with QNX.