On Sun, Sep 24, 2023 at 09:47:41AM +0200, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> In the UTF-8 locale I can trigger an error message with your program
> by sending the latin1 code for a-acute to stdin. I suppose your test
> command didn't actually send latin1 to stdin for some reason?
>
>   $ perl -e 'printf "\xe1rbol\n"' | ./a.out
>   error: Illegal byte sequence

Right, I can trigger the error with your command, also directly typing
the characters in wscons (my keyboard is Spanish), what I was doing in
those commands was to copy and paste those latin charactes with my
mouse.  The strange thing is xterm still showed me the (?) glyphos.
Besides, I made a test using the mbstowcs function in my mail patch, and
it didn't worked.  I'll try again.

Thanks Stefan!

--
Walter