Hello,

</snip>
> When I check my pflog files in WireShark, I note that WireShark displays
> this in the "Info" column:
>
>     [pass vio0/-1]

    yes, this can be default rule. snippet below comes from pfattach():

 239         /* default rule should never be garbage collected */
 240         pf_default_rule.entries.tqe_prev =
&pf_default_rule.entries.tqe_next;
 241         pf_default_rule.action = PF_PASS;
 242         pf_default_rule.nr = (u_int32_t)-1;
 243         pf_default_rule.rtableid = -1;

    at line 242 the rule number for default rule is initialized to -1.
    the number never changes.

regards
sashan