Hi William

I've moved this from mac Access.

Virgin Media! Say No More! Their hubs, just like those of BT, are junk!

Fine, I guess, if all you want is basic connectivity and that's it.  But if you
need more advanced sharing you're out of luck.

By sharing, I mean bridging, not port forwarding.  Actually I've never seen
their port forwarding mechanism but if it's anything like the rest of the crud
you're talking about here, I feel sorry for you!

Gordon

On 21 Oct 2011, at 10:06, william lomas wrote:

the virgin media hub is an all in one device so not sure what i would do.
The N protocol I assume is a stronger connection

On Oct 21, 2011, at 9:49 AM, Gordon Smith wrote:

> Hi William
>
> I can just about figure out what you're trying to say here.  But I'm amazed
> that your router won't support both bands at once, most modern routers do
> because it's necessary for fallback compatibility.
>
> Yes, the Mac supports both frequency ranges because, as I said, it is
> backwards compatible.  But what you're saying proves that the iPhone does not
> support the 5GHZ wireless-N protocol.
>
> So if your router won't support both at once, you have 2 options:  1.  Stick
> with Wireless-G and be done with it.  2.  Jump on that router and buy
> yourself a proper one! :)
>
> Even the Time Capsules and Airport base stations which, although alright for
> most residential network configurations, are very slow and clunky switches
> for high speed traffic.  But they do support both bands simultaneously at
> least.
>
> Gordon
>
> On 21 Oct 2011, at 08:25, william lomas wrote:
>
> Gordon
>

> with mine, see, i think, i have to set it to either or.
> So if I set it to the 2.4 ghz when I log in, I see the iPhone connecting to
> it, yet as my iMac i assume has an N enabled card? it flawless with the five
> ghz yet the iPhone isn't.
> very strange, never mind

> mac-acc...@mac-access.net

> or at the public Mail Archive: