Hi!
The Skype Plantronics Hub for the Mac is exactly what I’ve been after for
years, ever since I bought my first Plantronics Audio 478 headset.
The Audio 478 headset is a USB powered device with a fold down flexible boom
microphone which folds down from the left earpiece.
This headset is an on-the-ear type and looks remarkably like those older
headphones we had for our Sony walkman machines all those years ago, they work
well with my hearing instruments too!
A cable runs from the USB connector to an inline control panel which features a
number of buttons which are clearly identified by a cross and a line, obviously
for volume up and down respectively. Above those is a mute button and then a
recessed “Control” button and that’s where the Plantronics Hub comes in.
When the hub is installed and running along with your favourite VOIP phone App
- say Skype - the control is activated so - in the case of Skype - when the
button is pressed calls will either be answered - incoming calls - or ended -
outgoing calls -.
The Plantronics Hub App has been available on the windows PC for quite some
time but this is the first time I’ve seen a Mac version of the App, I’ve tried
it and it works very well, my only complaint is that you cannot hide the App
window it seems.

“For the gardener nothing is more handier than bombs, I mean the 1’s you put in
the ground and not the electric light 1’s.”