Very interesting indeed! Thank you for the background information.

In fact, someone needs to come up with a (trusted, paid) combined SIP
+ XMPP service (why? [1]) that offers VoIP and video services for a
wide audience. Simply because as a business you better focus on your
core business. If their operation is sustainable they could offer
services for free for private people. - Sounds like the ever repeating
story of let's-make-services-one-the-internet-for-free
(for-some-time).  *nirg*

What's the long-term strategy for this for a world-wide adoption?
(beyond Google and the other giants)
Peter

[1] http://rtcquickstart.org/guide/multi/intro.html