On 11/18/2016 10:27 AM, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> Debian unstable and testing currently have TelepathyQt 0.9.6.1:
>
> https://packages.qa.debian.org/t/telepathy-qt.html
>
> I'm going to make a resiprocate 1.11 release depending on that specific
> version for the telepathy-resiprocate connection manager.  That will
> then be uploaded to Debian as a package.
>
> Debian expects to freeze for the next stable release (stretch) in
> January or February.
>
> Does this combination of package versions make sense?  Or should I delay
> the reSIProcate 1.11 release briefly if there is an API-breaking update
> to TelepathyQt coming imminently?

Hello Daniel,

Our plan currently is for the next version to be 1.0, which will break
API/ABI in all of telepathy. Given that the schedule for debian is tight
and our manpower limited, I would say that it does not make sense to
wait for our 1.0 release. It may come before the freeze, but it may also
come later.

For telepathy-qt specifically, though, it may make sense to use 0.9.7,
our latest release, as the final version for debian stretch. Note that
the service-side library has broken API since 0.9.6.1, so if you are
planning to ship tp-resiprocate as well, you will need to decide exactly
which version of telepathy-qt to stick with before making a release
(that is, if tp-resiprocate is affected by the API break).

Regards,
George