From: "Randal L. Schwartz" <mer...@stonehenge.com>
>>>>> "Octavian" == Octavian Râsnita <orasn...@gmail.com> writes:

Octavian> What's wrong? To store html in the database or to use TT markers
in
Octavian> that html code?  (And it will help me if you'll also tell me why
and
Octavian> how can I do it in the recommended way.)

To store HTML in the database.  That's violating the MVC triad,
and you'd better have a *really* good reason to do that.

HTML is a view.
Databases are for models.

I agree with this, and I also don't like it, but I couldn't find a better
way.

I need to offer a way of creating/modifying the pages that present the
company, the services by web forms, and those pages contain many paragraphs
of text, links, headings, lists and tables.

I was also thinking that I could use a wiki-like kind of format, but all the
wiki formats I could find are either very unflexible or very hard to create.
For example, the twiki style of creating tables is very clear and simple,
but very unflexible, while the Mediawiki style of defining tables is more
flexible, but very hard to do.
(I am blind and the WYSIWYG editors are not an option because they are not
accessible for the screen readers.)

So that's why I found the HTML format the most flexible and not very hard to
create.

Please tell me if there is a better way for doing this.

Thanks.

Octavian