Benjie,

Unfortunately you will occasionally run into an issue like this. Problems with
opening TAFs made with 5.5 are very rare and we feel we have a good level of
backwards compatibility with 5.5. As you get older, however, more and more bugs
in the old Studios have created TAFs which are out of spec. The 5.5 Studio,
which was an evolution of that code, had hacks in place to handle most of those
issues. TeraScribe v6 is a brand new codebase and conforms to the TAF spec.

First suggestion would be to use the very latest version of 6.x. We have made
backwards compatibility corrections as we’ve encountered them through the
product’s lifecycle.

Second suggestion would be to first open and save TAFs and TCFs in Witango 5.5
Studio.

Third suggestion would be to watch out for problematic actions. One of note is
if ALL of the Select columns in a search action are custom columns, the custom
column syntax has changed over the years and this situation is not handled well
by TeraScribe. In all of the cases that I’ve seen so far (only 2 or 3), fixing
the corruption has come down to deleting and recreating a few actions.

If you do find a repeating pattern, feel free to email both the original TAF
and the TAF post open/save in v6 with some information about the corruption to
support@ and I’ll see if there is anything that can be done in the code.

Robert