Schema name (your db_name) support in TS is a little sketchy. We’re trying to
improve it, but it’s something that needed to be done correctly upfront and
wasn’t.

I might suggest:

Starting with db1.inventory and db1.inventory create database “common” and move
all inventory into a common table:

Insert into common.inventory select * db1.inventory union all select *
db2.inventory

Then drop db1./db2.inventory tables and add views of the same name that
reference the common.inventory table.

Assuming that your views are fully 2-way you shouldn’t have to change any code.

Robert