My information IS dated - I haven't followed the recent changes. Please see
this thread -  almost a year old which talked of the upcoming changes for
training ....

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/tesseract-dev/fonts/tesseract-dev/4lxGjCGLBSw/CH1cZsovPjIJ

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/365a9fc8-f1f7-4b5c-ad5b-35651f2328c0%40googlegroups.com.