Hi Richard,

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 01:51:32PM -0700, Richard Arnold wrote:
> Stroke Width Transform looks very interesting. However, I have some questions
> regarding its use in what I'm doing.
> I'm writing a Desktop application and OpenOCR appears to use a web service
> call??

Stroke Width Transform does look interesting indeed. But yes, a web
service may well not be appropriate.

It looks (from a very cursory search and read) like it's an easy
algorithm to implement, and there are several reasonable sounding
examples using OpenCV on stackoverflow:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22425545/stroke-width-transform-opencv-using-python
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11116199/stroke-width-transform-swt-implementation-python

Nick