Hi,

First of all, thanks for this very useful piece of software!

Here's an issue I'm seeing on 3.03 and git HEAD. On the attached image,
page segmentation (-psm 3, also default) seems to find some valid but also
one invalid column. Going through the output:

10
15
20
25
30
35

EP 2 377 850 A1

This is a good detecting of the narrow column on the left, and of the top
line.

1-(2-(dimethylamino)-4-(trifluoromethyl)benzyl)-3-(2,3-dihydro-2—oxo-1H-benzo[d]imidazo|—4-yl)ure
1-(4-(trif|uoromethyl)-2—(pyrrolidin-1-y|)benzy|)-3-(2,3-dihydro-2—oxo—1H-benzo[d]imidazol-4-yl)urea
[...]

Also good.

1-(
-(trif|uoromethyl)-2—(pyrrolidin-1-y|)benzy|)-3-(2,3-dihydro—2—oxobenzo[d]oxazo|—4-y|)urea
1-(
-(trif|uoromethyl)-2—(piperidin-1-y|)benzyl)-3-(2,3-dihydro-2—oxobenzo[d]oxazol-4-yl)urea
[...]

Here one character (the 4) is missing from each line.

4
4
[...]

The 4s seem to have been detected as a separate column, which is not
desired. Seems to me a column should not be detected here, both because the
4s are actually close to other characters (no column separation), and
because this column largely overlaps with the main (widest) one.

Would someone familiar with the code be able to check why this is
happening? If pointed in the right direction, I could have a try as well :)

Cheers,

Daniel

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/cb792447-37f0-4704-9781-93658d314ae6%40googlegroups.com.