Also
http://tesseract-ocr.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ChangeLog

2014-02-04 v3.03
* Added new training tool text2image to generate box/tif file pairs from
  text and truetype fonts.
* Added support for PDF output with searchable text.
* Removed entire IMAGE class and all code in image directory.
* Tesseract executable: support for output to stdout; limited support for one
  page images from stdin  (especially on Windows)
* Added Renderer to API to allow document-level processing and output
  of document formats, like hOCR, PDF.
* Major refactor of word-level recognition, beam search, eliminating dead code.
* Refactored classifier to make it easier to add new ones.
* Generalized feature extractor to allow feature extraction from greyscale.
* Improved sub/superscript treatment.
* Improved baseline fit.
* Added set_unicharset_properties to training tools.
* Many bug fixes.
* More training source data included.

On Saturday, August 30, 2014 3:34:06 PM UTC+5:30, Paul Vorbach wrote:

> I think a lot of this is caused by the project home page claiming that
> Tesseract 3.03 is shipped with Ubuntu 2014.04. This sounds like it is a
> final release. I'd change or remove that statement.
>
> Roadmap
>>
>> Version 3.03 release candidate is now available (source only so far) for
>> download and contains many new features. (See the ReleaseNotes
>> <https://code.google.com/p/tesseract-ocr/wiki/ReleaseNotes> for a full
>> list.) Please check out the ReadMe
>> <http://code.google.com/p/tesseract-ocr/wiki/ReadMe> before going to
>> Downloads <http://code.google.com/p/tesseract-ocr/downloads/list> as you
>> need more than one file. *Even the windows executables tarball is
>> incomplete as language files are required.* Most notable new features:
>>
>>    - PDF output.
>>    - New Renderer for extracting detailed recognition information at a
>>    document level.
>>
>> *Version 3.03 ships with recent Linux distributions such as Ubuntu 14.04.*
>>
>> Version 3.02 ships with Ubuntu 12.04
>>
> Paul
>

> Am Mittwoch, 27. August 2014 11:11:32 UTC+2 schrieb zdenop:
>>
>> Anybody who is packaging tesseract and publicaly sharing 3.03 (excluding
>> -rc1) and 3.04 is lying. There are no such releases.
>> Repository is intended for developers and testers not for packagers! And
>> it is absolutely normal that there are changes of version withing
>> repository. There are for developers and testers.
>>
>> If packagers are not able to respect project (there are reasong why there
>> is no new release) that we should we should remove public tesseract
>> repository.
>>
>> Zdenko
>>

>> On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 3:46 AM, shree <shree...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Zdenko,
>>>
>>> Sorry it was not meant to be a 'release' of 3.04, I just wanted to get
>>> the latest code compiled under msys2 and asked the developers for help and
>>> suggested a package of tesseract and leptonica under msys2. I presume, it
>>> is ok to label it as 3.03 with the *Revision:* *298e31465a44.*
>>>
>>> However, as I had asked you in an earlier post, your last commit of
>>> configure.ac does show tesseract version as 3.04

>>> # Initialization
>>>
>>> AC_PREREQ(2.50)
>>> AC_INIT([tesseract], [3.04], [

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/6a818ea1-fdbc-42e9-8ff8-1a2cb68fc955%40googlegroups.com.