Actually, I am not sure that an older 3.02 is residing on my machine.
I remember that I installed tesseract 3.02 on my raspberry and then started
to upgrade to 3.03 because ocrmypdf complained that it wants to see greater
3.02 and stopped working

I tried to uninstall 3.02 before, nevertheless I am not sure that the
replacement process was o.k.

At least the file date for tesseract showed 7.9.2014 15:xx !
But -v says it is 3.02 as before.

What about 3.04 ?

the first 3.02 came from official repository, nevertheless apt-get remove
tesseratct-ocr did not work.
How to manually install it ?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/3a15fe41-b4f7-4884-b71c-fc9c7b508300%40googlegroups.com.