​I think you are using the wrong tools ...

If you need to convert a jpg to tif, use an image editor such as
imagemagick, irfanview

If you need to OCR the image, tesseract accepts jpg as input as well as tif

There already is arabic traineddata for tesseract - see
https://code.google.com/p/tesseract-ocr/source/browse/?repo=tessdata

A newer version of traineddata should be available with the release of 3.04
which should be soon.

Regarding creating box/tiff

I was able to use Jtessboxeditor for creating arabic box/tiff - I just
copied some text from wikipedia and pasted in the Jtess.

see attached..

​

ShreeDevi

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/CAG2NduVYFCksWfXqMV%2BZs5ZAW%3D0sX%3DMLbJKm33TzSyJoAhu6UA%40mail.gmail.com.