Hello,

I have a large set of already-OCR'ed PDF documents (court judgments) that
contain a hidden text layer. I can extract this text using simple
pdf-to-text tools like pdftotext with good results.

However, the text contains some errors that seem pretty specific to the OCR
procedure and I believe could be easily fixed by some automated procedure.
I also have a set of proper digital PDFs from the same source that could be
used a training corpus.

I have some limited experience doing this sort of thing using n-grams and
Markov chains, but I'm not familiar with OCR-specific correction algorithms
or more advanced techniques.

Does tesseract have any facilities of making this sort of corrections? If
not, what are some places or algorithms I can investigate?

Thanks,
Orestis

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/fa9f1c9f-affd-4523-b137-46b426862d53%40googlegroups.com.