I printed out the "Welcome" page on my HP laserjet printer and scanned it
in using .png .  The quality is quite good. So I had been  anticipating
maybe 85%+ accuracy on the tesseract-OCR. I did not even bother to tally
carefullly - but by eyeballing it seems about  50%.    I had used all
default settings.

Some of the consistent errors:

W -> H
in -> m
li -> h
b -> t)
ll -> H

So is this just "the way things are" in OCR land?  Or am I missing some
fundamental settings here - to get some reasonable usefulness?

thanks

stephenb

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/c7bc553d-6f89-4c52-a48a-2d2365b646c7%40googlegroups.com.