You can try the plus-minus type of training if you just want a digits type
of traineddata.

Your training_text can contain numbers in the format you need and you can
train with a font matching your images.

For proof of concept you can try my experimental version at

https://github.com/Shreeshrii/tessdata4alpha/blob/master/fast/digits.traineddata

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/16918a54-715a-4f91-8a0b-cf476446e1af%40googlegroups.com.