Hi Abhishek,
hope you are doing well.
What you need to do is to pre-process the image. Conver it to binary file
or invert the colors to black and white. then what you can do is use opencv
to draw a contour on the number. then that contour can be cut out and sent
to tesseract.
I can provide you the contour detection coe if you want. Revert back for
any query.
Keep up the good work.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/89094348-5d09-4100-9ee8-e6e46caaac93%40googlegroups.com.