>I have an image and a text file with the line content for each line of
manuscript text. The doc says what to do, but not how.

>I first thought I'd need img/box files pairs, but it seems it was for
Tesseract 3 and is now irrelevant...

Tesseract4.0.0beta.1 does not officially support LSTM training from box/tif
pairs.

It uses box/tif pairs generated using the synthetic training data
generation pipeline using a training_text and set of fonts, for making the
lstmf files that are used by lstmtraining.

langdata refers to the langdata repository under tesseract-ocr github repo.
The files in it have not been updated for 4.0.0

ShreeDevi

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/CAG2NduWm7Oa%3DBzQq1XF%3DR%3DoFrhTrz0qroHp6001Zax00uMTg2g%40mail.gmail.com.