I'd like to know if it's possible to use Tesseract OCR for automatically
detecting figures, graphs or images which occur in the image? From
reviewing the code-documentation <http://tesseract-ocr.github.io/4.0.0/>, I
can see that it's possible to expose the AnalyseLayout
<http://tesseract-ocr.github.io/4.0.0/a01739.html#gaaac2abf8505c89afb8466dc3cff2c666>

class by minor changes to the C++ API. I would like to know if Tesseract
performs any image/graph/figure detection (exposed by the API or otherwise
- like AnalyseLayout) to improve its recognition and layout results? Thanks!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/bbb1d019-81e5-4923-8231-ed79fd585a62%40googlegroups.com.