Thanks for the reply, but I just fixed this bug, the problem is that the
var PANGOCAIRO_BACKEND was empty on MAC OSX so I needed to set it before
executing the code. Something like this:

PANGOCAIRO_BACKEND=fc \
../../tesseract/training/tesstrain.sh \
  --fonts_dir /Library/Fonts \
  --lang eng --linedata_only \
  --noextract_font_properties \
  --exposures "0"    \
  --langdata_dir ../../langdata \
  --tessdata_dir /usr/local/Cellar/tesseract/HEAD-f8e26ee/share/tessdata \
  --fontlist "Verdana" \
  --output_dir .~/tesstutorial/eng

If someone need more details please look here:
https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/tesseract/issues/736

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/25c5c75b-ebfd-41c3-978d-fb62c67119be%40googlegroups.com.